Sunday, May 09, 2010

Shattered or unrealised dreams and hopes

It is with a heavy heart that I am typing all these. Since my university days and after knowing God, I have always dreamt that one day I will be able to have a wedding inside a church and to see myself married to the guy who loves God and can accept me for who I am, that we can both serve God together in a ministry. I have waited and prayed almost a decade. And all this while, it seems like barreness. As I grow older each year, the hopes seemed to have diminished and dwindled with each passing day. No one else knows the deep struggles I have within. All I am asking and seeking is companionship and a partner who can love me. Is this too much to ask for? As the people around me slowly settle down, I feel the pressure and feel left-out. I thank God for the many blessings He has given me all these years and many things I believe I have control over. But , this area of marriage is absolutely not within my control and I feel frustrated. All these years, I met different kinds of people and learnt many lessons along the way. At the end of the day, I can only say that nothing and no one can fully understand and accept me except God who has made me the person who I am today. I don't know what to do now except to look forward to spend eternity in heaven with God. Marriage is just a gift probably not for me although I desire it. It is a great test for me, maybe I may never see it come to pass. Can I still be able to say and give thanks to God for my situation in my life.
I have decided to only live a life to please God and no one else, to serve God wholeheartedly wherever he places me. not to seek the gift but the giver.
May God help me to do all these. I know I cannot do it in my own strength. I still pray that God can provide a suitable helper for me but there is really nothing I can do at this time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Open Kitchen Concept said...

It's really not easy, isn't it.. I wish I can say something nice to encourage and cheer you up.. But I think it'd not work. Just know that you always have friends around you that care for you.. even if you don't feel that way.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Little White Boat said...

Remember... there is a time for everything and everything happens for a reason.

Sometime it's better to be single and happy than to be painfully married.

Cheer up!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home