Saturday, June 26, 2010

Surprise birthday celebration

I remembered a few months ago I prayed to God i would like a different birthday celebration this year and God indeed answered my prayers in a way that I did not expect. On hindsight, although it did not seem to be what I expected it to be. A university girlfriend of mine arranged to meet me and celebrate with me on the actual day for dinner and what was a good surprise was she invited two other un friends whom I did not expect to turn up as well. So, it was indeed a good celebration and catching up with old friends.
Also, a friend of mine bought me lunch and also a book as a present. I really am thankful for this friendship although we have known each other for only a few months but somehow it seemed like I have known this person for a much longer period. I enjoyed the times of sharing and thank God for bringing this person into my life at a timely period. To my dear friend, thanks so much for your time and words of encouragement and of course those times you try to make me laugh with your jokes. I learnt to be less serious and hopefully your humorous nature can rub off me.
I really appreciate the friendships that these friends have given me and I also learnt something about prayer through this.
Often, when I approach God in prayer, I already have an intention of what I may have already want instead of seeking God for His Will. And when I lift up my prayers to God and trust that He will answer them in accordance to His Will. That is something that I realise that indeed if we believe that God is good then we would want to be living in His Will rather than out of His Will.
So may He continue to teach me more and more in learning to pray not in the way I want but to be led by the Holy Spirit even when I do not know how to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home