Saturday, June 17, 2006

Interesting insights from a book I just read

Some time ago, a friend of mine recommended me to read this book " Dating with pure passion" by Bob Eagar .Hmm, my first reaction to her through sms was, " Well, I am not in that situation now so what is the point of reading. Then one day, when I walked passed the Christian bookshop, I bought the book. I thought it will be a good idea to read the such literature while on my long plane flight to my holiday destination. And it was a good decision. Let me share briefly what I have learnt and how it has impacted my spiritual life.
Well, the book started off with the first two chapters about our spiritual marriage: that is the passion from heaven. It was only then that i realised how important it is that i have to evaluate my passion in my relationship with God. That is the most important thing in my life.
Anyway, this is something I do want to be working on now, that my walk with Jesus is not just based on a list of what are the things that i need to do but also on pursuing that intimate relationship with Jesus. It is only through this that I will know how to love others.
May the God Almighty empower me to do so as I grow deeper in love with Him each day. At this point, there is this song that has the lyrics something like " Take me deeper in love with You".
This is the prayer I desire to see it happening each day of my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Inspirational thoughts said...

Nope, I am still not back. Will be back in one week's time. Hey,send me the link to your blog so i can read also.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home