Sunday, July 02, 2006

Blessed Marriage

This weekend I attended my cell mate's wedding. I knew him 6 years ago when I attended the church I am in now and since then he has been in my cell till recently, my cell multiplied and he is currently in a new cell. As I look back, I am encouraged by his love for the Lord and how he shared about how God led him to meet his wife then.
I pray that God will bless their marriage and they will both love God and each other more each day. May their love and marriage also bring about blessings to the people around them.
This time round when I attended this wedding, I had a different set of emotions. Maybe by now, I have come to a point when I realise that there is a need to be contented and satisfied as a person with God. Even if I am not attached or married, I can still have that abundant and complete joy in me having Jesus and God in my life. Oh God, help me to serve you wholeheartedly during this single season of my life. To be seeking your Will about my future and at the same time, desiring that God you will also grant me patience to wait for the gift of marriage if it is what you plan for me to have.
As I claim this verse for my life:" But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Indeed, may God help me to seek Him above all else in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home